Friday 4 January 2008

Group Scenario

Group Scenario: "i Browse Site" - "i Agent".

Joanne is a 20 year old drama student originally from Essex, recently moved to Preston to study at UCLAN. She has a limited amount of experience with computing technologies.

Joanne is looking for a part time job after spending all her student loan. She is wondering whether her dramatic skills are transferable into a job role in her local area. She visits the “I Browse”, that replaced the praying hands memorial in 2008. She enters the “I Browse” hub at which point the “I agent” (a holographic anthropomorphic personification of a person) activates due to her close proximity, she sees 3 other people in the hubs cubicles next to her, each accesses their own individual version of the "i agent". The “I agent” tries to access her personalised profile, dependent on reading her student identification card. The system notifies Joanna that “I browse” cannot access her profile without her identification card, unless she knows her personal identification number and password located on her identification card, which she doesnt. The Agent still offer to assist in any general enquires that she may have. She leaves the hub and goes to do some shopping, on returning home she find her identification card which reminds her of the experience at the “I Browse” site. So she decides to come back to the “I browse” site with her card and try again. Joanna steps back into the hub and the “I agent” reads her identification card and accesses her personalised account.

Joanna asks the “I agent” to find local jobs based on her profile, the Agent cross reverences her profile with the database of local jobs from the Bridge job centre. The results are displayed in the palm of the “I agents” hand. She can access relevant data by selecting the required results.

No comments: